Family Services Practitioner
Job no: 497423
Work type: Maximum Term Full Time
Location: Melbourne South
Categories: Child, Youth and Families
- Leading community services organisation
- Salary packaging and competitive sector remuneration
- Passionate team with supportive leadership
- Based at Dandenong
- Two opportunities available:
- Full time | Initially maximum term until 31 August 2022
- Full time | Maximum term until 17 June 2022 (indirect parental leave replacement contract)
About the opportunity
The Family Services Program supports families who are experiencing high levels of stress and difficulties that impact on parenting, family life and children’s well being. Responding to referrals from Child FIRST/The Orange Door, the program provides assertive outreach and home based supports.
In a typical day, a Family Services Practitioner might:
- Use a creative approach to arrange a visit with a reluctant new family
- Build rapport to carry out a strengths and risk assessment in the client’s home or child’s school
- Review with your supervisor plans to support a family’s goals
- Consult with Child Protection
- Discuss a difficult case with your team members in a Reflective Practice meeting
View the full position description here
To be successful in your application you will meet the person specification in the position description, including having a relevant degree qualification in social work, psychology or a related discipline.
You will also have:
- An understanding of the Children, Youth and Families Act 2005 and Best Interest Principles
- Demonstrated experience in undertaking risk assessments and planning appropriate intervention strategies
- A strengths-based, child-centered approach to case management
- Capacity to work flexibly and innovatively to meet the needs of families, children and young people
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
How to apply
If this sounds like you, find out more about this role or apply today. Please upload the following as part of your application:
- Cover letter (briefly outlining your suitability for the position)
- Current resume
You will also be asked to address key selection criteria questions on the application form.
Applications close Friday 24 December 2021
Get in touch
Stacey Maric or Tersia Kirsten – Family Services Team Leaders
T: (03) 8792 8999
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Visit us: unitingvictas.org.au
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and relevant Working with Children Check in your State prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking. It is a condition of employment that all eligible workforce in Victoria receive the COVID-19 vaccination and supporting evidence may be requested in order to perform duties at any of Uniting’s workplaces.
Uniting is also committed to equal opportunity and ensuring the workplace is reflective of the community. We encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now