Team Leader - Youth Residential Services
Job no: 499257
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Categories: Child, Youth and Families Residential Services
- Leading community services organisation
- Salary packaging and competitive sector remuneration
- Supportive work environment with regular supervision and professional development opportunities
- Permanent full time position (9am-5pm, Mon-Fri)
- Based at Moe
About the opportunity
The Youth Residential Services Program delivers high quality care and support within a 24-hour residential setting to children and young people who are unable live with their families, kinship carers or foster carers. The program supports vulnerable children and young people who present complex needs, and have often experienced past trauma and abuse.
As a Team Leader, you will provide effective leadership, supervision and support to a dedicated team of support workers providing direct care to children and young people within a residential unit. The role will contribute to the ongoing development of the program by ensuring that services are consumer-focused, and are delivered in accordance with relevant legislation, regulations and standards.
View the full position description here
To be successful in your application you will meet the person specification in the position description, including having a Certificate IV in Child, Youth & Family Intervention. Current first aid and CPR certificates is also a requirement.
You will also have:
- Demonstrated experience in the provision of professional supervision and mentoring support
- Sound understanding of legislation and regulations relevant to the out of home care sector
- Proven ability thrive in a busy work environment – being flexible in prioritising your workload to suit the needs of the program
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to form effective working relationships and foster a positive team culture
- Excellent decision making, problem solving and analytical skills
How to apply
If this sounds like you, find out more or apply today. Please upload the following as part of your application:
- Cover letter (outlining your suitability according to the person specification in the position description)
- Current resume
Applications close Monday 13 December 2021
Get in touch
Dan Joyce – Manager, Residential Services Gippsland
T: 0439 856 252 (during business hours)
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Visit us: unitingvictas.org.au
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and relevant Working with Children Check in your State prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking. It is a condition of employment that all eligible workforce in Victoria receive the COVID-19 vaccination and supporting evidence may be requested in order to perform duties at any of Uniting’s workplaces.
Uniting is also committed to equal opportunity and ensuring the workplace is reflective of the community. We encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now